eMarketer, a market research company based in New York City, is seeking a Senior Copy Editor to join its Content team. Our copy editors are the final participants in a rigorous review process designed to ensure the company’s editorial content is clear, concise and credible. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Managing Editor, as well as analysts, writers and editors on a variety of content, including reports, newsletters, interviews, case studies and decks.
eMarketer covers the latest trends in digital marketing, media and commerce. We offer essential insights for navigating the fast-changing, competitive and complex digital marketplaces. eMarketer provides its clients—including top brands, agencies and media companies like Google, Facebook, Spotify, BuzzFeed and Twitter—with a complete and clear view of the digital marketing landscape.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in AP style and comfortable working with survey and forecast data. He/she can internalize our in-house style fast, juggle multiple responsibilities and thrive under deadlines.
- Edit, review and fact-check all content created by our writers, analysts and forecasters, including reports, newsletter articles, interviews and decks.
- Proofread all content for accuracy and style, in the allotted time with the resulting text free of errors.
- Publish editorial content to eMarketer’s websites using our proprietary content management systems.
- Maintain, propose and implement additions/changes to eMarketer’s editorial style guide, jargon lexicon, company names list, and other written guides to standardize usage across the Content team.
- Efficiently communicate changes, callouts and questions to other members of the team, including editors, analysts, forecasters and designers.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related field
- 2+ years of previous editorial experience at a digital publication, newspaper or magazine
- Solid knowledge of AP style
- Exceptional grammar, copy editing and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and precision
- Strong critical thinking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working across various CMS platforms
- Knowledge/interest in digital marketing
- Intellectually curious
- Open-minded, team oriented and excited to try new things
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with SEO